Monthly Archives: March 2011
Dress from China, red belt from China, black wool tights, red patent flats from JCPenny.
It makes me sad to post these because Spring Break is all but a distant memory now. *Sniff* On the bright side: 42 days left until my summer officially begins!
Ahh, the Snooki, we all need one once in a while, right?
More food! Beef pineapple fried rice and red chicken curry from Aceluck. A little disappointed that they took away noodle dishes and the choice of appetizers from their lunch special.
The Love Sculpture was surrounded by scaffolding. And some random guy totally photobombed our picture. *Sulk*
Caught a bit of the St. Patrick’s Day parade!
Found these cuties at FAO Schwarz!
Even more food?! Yes! Takoyaki from Otafuku in East Village. I had been craving takoyaki since winter break, possible due to this video:
Craving satisfied! Now I just need to go back regularly and it will be all good :)
I can’t believe Spring Break is half over already. *Tear* I am thoroughly broke this year so staying in the city it is.
Whenever I’m on break it’s always all about food! Last Saturday Yufei and I went to Ben & Jack’s Steakhouse for a delicious dinner (restaurant was too dark so no photos). Then on Tuesday it’s off to Chinatown for some dim sum with friends at Golden Unicorn (I HAVE TO remember to take some pictures next time!). Been there so many times and it’s never disappointed! I also stuffed myself at various other eateries around the city, but I also found some time to do some cooking as well. And of course there is photographic evidence for that!
Spicy noodles with tomatoes, lettuce, sausage, and heart-shaped boiled eggs (find out how to make them here):
Hot and sour julienned potatoes:
Cola wings (recipe here):
Stir-fried pasta with chicken and mix veggies:
Oh and, although this happened before Spring Break, it is worth mentioning: my friend in Canada is the bestest person ever for shipping me 4 big bags of ketchup flavored chips! America is great and all, but sometime it’s seriously lacking in its supermarkets. No Kraft peanut butter, ketchup chips, or Quaker yogurt granola bars?! That’s just sad. Anyways, the arrival of ketchup chips was epic.
Sadly, I only have 1 bag left.
There’s something I’ve noticed on this campus and it’s been annoying me long enough now that I need to get it out. Students love to treat themselves horribly in the name of “working hard” and “being busy” and complain to you about it, yet at the same time they seem to pride themselves on their masochistic practices. You know what I’m talking about: “This is the second all-nighter I pulled this week!” “I’ve had nothing to eat except a grape since this morning!” What kind of reaction are you trying to elicit from me? Sympathy? Not from this girl. I hardly believe that you were really busy enough that you couldn’t stop by the cafe and buy a sandwich. All-nighters? Why not try start studying more than 24 hours before your exam? I just don’t buy that someone can truly be so busy as to not have time for these basic things that sustain our health. It’s all about managing your time, and these people are simply not doing it, either intentionally or not. Their complaints seem to do nothing but assert to themselves and others just how “intense” and “hardcore” they are. Am I supposed to feel inferior to you if I slept last night and ate lunch today? I’ve never pulled an all-nighter and I don’t remember ever skipping a meal, and yes, I also have a full and challenger course load and a GPA that’s probably not too far from yours.
Somehow people seem to believe that these self-depriving behaviors are badges of honors commemorating their valiant efforts in doing whatever it is they are doing, and by telling other people about it is like showing off these badges, hoping to invite some kind of admiration or validation. Would people still do these things to themselves if they aren’t allowed to share it with anyone (yes, that includes Facebook statuses and tweets)? Would they still feel good about it? I don’t know. All I’m saying is, if you are willing to neglect your health because you are just oh so busy and stressed out and complain about it to me, I’m not going to feel sorry for you or applaud you for it. Now excuse me while I finish my sandwich and take a nap.
New posts 2 days in a row?! You know it’s midterm season when I start doing things like this to procrastinate.
White lace cami from China, grey sweater from Delia’s gotten from a clothing swap, pleated plaid skirt from a second hand store, black wool tights, black boots from Modcloth, and heart-shaped pocket watch necklace from Disney.
I got these boots from the massive sale at Modcloth a few weeks ago for only like 13 bucks, so worth it!
Oh dear. It’s been a while since I did anything with this blog. I’ll just blame it on midterms and internship stress…
Anyways, so I’m a terrible person and I should have done this ages ago, but the lovely Erin from Spreading the Sunshine had tagged me quite a while ago with a Stylish Blogger Award!
Yay! :) Go check out Erin’s blog for sure because it is awesome! I get to share 7 things about myself with the award, so here goes!
1. The nicest compliment I’ve ever gotten was when a girl in my art class said that I had “princess eyes” when I first got contacts. I have no idea what she meant, but it made me so happy :)
2. I love soundtracks. I really really do. My favorites include Amélie and Kill Bill, and my most recent obsession is the soundtrack to The Social Network. So so good. Got me through studying for several of my midterms so far! Here are a few of my favorite tracks!
Probably my absolute favorite:
I have to include the scene with this music! So intense, gives me goosebumps!
3. I’ve always wanted to be a redhead. I think they’re just the coolest. This is influenced by awesome redheads in fiction (Anne of Green Gables, the Weasleys, etc.), gorgeous celebrities redhead (like Amy Adams and Isla Fisher), and amazing redheads I know in real life. Sigh… envy.
4.. I absolutely cannot stand it when people crack their knuckles or bite their nails. I sat next to a girl in this class last semester who bit her nails THE ENTIRE CLASS every single class. She’d take notes with one hand and chew on the fingers of the other hand. Even when I sat somewhere else I can still see her and it still irks me so frickin’ much. Same with knuckle cracking. Do it somewhere else where I can’t see/hear you please!
5. I can’t fall asleep if there’s something that’s not done to a point where I’m satisfied with it. It’s really annoying as I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to get out of bed and finish my homework to some point I feel like a natural stopping point, work on a drawing until I was happy with it, finish reading a chapter of a novel, or even reply to some thread on an internet forum because I feel like I have to make my point come across.
6. The most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me was when Yufei made me a birthday message out of fallen leaves on the lawn in front of my dorm building during freshman year. He stayed up all night working on it just so that I can see it on the morning of my birthday. Sigh… how can anything top that?
7. I have very strange snacking habits. I like eating dry ramen with seasoning, peanut butter and my favorite hot sauce out of the jar, dry cereal, and other random things I find in my cupboard/fridge.
And there you go! I will be back once I make it through this week (last week before Spring Break!).