August 22, 2010 30 Things I love about myself
So it was Love Yourself Week at The Frisky, one of the blogs I read religiously on a daily basis, and I was inspired to come up with my own list of things that I love about myself, like many of their bloggers have done. It was an interesting exercise, a little strange and difficult to begin with, but I ended up having a lot of fun while doing a lot of thinking, and reconfirmed what I always knew was true: I am awesome.
1. I’m crafty and resourceful. I have a talent for making beautiful, practical things out of other people’s junk.
2. I care about the environment.
3. I don’t come from a wealthy and privileged family. This makes me feel so different from a lot of other young people around me, but most of the time, it’s a good kind of different.
4. I’m not a picky eater and I’m adventurous when it comes to food.
5. I’m an awesome girlfriend.
6. I’m thrifty and always find amazing deals on the things I buy.
7. I’m a good listener and I’m trustworthy, and people always confide in me and come to me when they need honest advice.
8. I enjoy my own company.
9. I’m not ashamed to once in a while have something for dinner that has about 3 times the calorie content yet one tenth the nutritional value of what I should be having.
10. I’m creative and artistic.
11. My small hands and feet.
12. My sense of discretion. I know when to keep my mouth shut.
13. My ability to adapt to and love pretty much every single place I go/have been to.
14. I can be a girly girl or a total tomboy depending on the circumstances.
15. I laugh easily at the littlest things.
16. I enjoy eating Chinese take-out and watching reality TV shows on my laptop as much as I do fine dining and Broadway musicals.
17. I see beauty in almost everything.
18. I’m polite and have good manners.
19. I continue to surprise (in a good way) even those who are closest to me.
20. I’m one of the most sincere, down-to-earth, unpretentious people I know.
21. I love my parents and I’m a good daughter.
22. I have amazingly awesome dreams and can remember them most of the time.
23. I’m not judgmental.
24. My thirst for travel and adventure.
25. I don’t need caffeine, energy drinks, or anything else in order to stay up late. In fact, I try not to stay up too late. I’ve never pulled an all-nighter and I’m proud of it.
26. I actually really enjoyed high school and I still visit my teachers whenever I have the chance.
27. I’m always on time. For everything (ok maybe not morning classes every so often).
28. I work hard and play hard.
29. The simplest things make me happy. Like sunshine or a cute kitten video.
30. I have been and always will be a dreamer.
Now go make your own list!