September 1, 2009 9 things I’ve realized in the past 24 hours
1. College textbooks are fricking expensive.
2. Going shopping 3 days in a row is actually very very draining.
3. Travelling by bus in Beijing is pretty much the most frustrating thing ever.
4. The reason why I enjoy cooking but despise housework is because there is actually a palpable reward for my work when I cook. And no, knowing that your house is cleaner is not a palpable reward, contrary to what my mother says.
5. It’s be really nice to sleep on a soft bed.
6. My hips are huge by Chinese standards. I don’t fit into pants/shorts that are my waist size. Sad.
7. I really, really want to go back to New York. But not back to school.
8. I’m very much craving a chicken salad. And a cheeseburger. And Japanese food.
9. I do love shoes.